Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The proposal

Sam and I decided last month that we are getting married on May 24th, 2008 in the Mount Timpanogos temple. He has been busy with school and I have been planning the wedding. Well, most of my work has been keeping my mom from taking over. Sam and I looked at rings and I told him to pick out what he wanted. He told me the ring was going to take six weeks to get ready. I wouldn't be able to get it until I came in March. I went to California for the long weekend to visit Sam. I hoped he was lying but I was convinced that he wasn't. Friday night we exchanged Valentine presents and he got me another antique lighthouse and it was so gorgeous! Saturday we met up with his family for dinner so that was a little scary but went well I thought. They are great! Sunday was the three month anniversary of our first kiss so I asked Sam to take me to the beach and we planned to find the perfect spot and time to propose. He had asked me before how I wanted him to propose since I already knew it was coming he had given up trying to surprize me. He said I could pick the spot and everything. He showed me the bag and box and sure enough it was empty so I was bummed but still having a great time. We went to the Santa Monica Pier and it was so beautiful! We watched the sunset and wrote in the sand. There were so many couples. It was like a big "In Love" party. Ha Ha As it started getting dark we walked up to the pier and look out at the ocean. It was amazing. The evening was perfect! We didn't ride anything because it was Sunday but it was still so much fun. It was getting cold so we decided to go back to the beach and pick the spot. We got back down there and finally found a spot where the sand was flat. We hugged and Sam was looking in my eyes and he said, "I want you to know that I think we are perfect together and I think you are the most beautiful girl in the world." I had to look away cause I was tearing up. Then he said, "I'm so glad I found you and I am glad you finally started paying attention to me." Then he knelt down, and pulled the box out of his pocket. I immediately began sobbing. He opened the box and it had a light in it that made the ring sparkle. "Will you marry me?" He said I cried for awhile before I answered. I was flipping out! Later on he told me he had a speech prepared but I was crying so hard that he knew I wouldn't hear or remember what he said. He gave me what he had wrote down instead. The whole thing is sort of a blurr because I was so excited but when we got home I wrote down as much as I could remember and Sam helped with the details. So there it is folks, the propsal. I am the luckiest girl in the whole world. In a few months I will be Mrs. Samuel Rivera.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jean, that is so awesome! Congratulations!! Randy wishes he could come so bad. We are way excited for you! Jean Rivera...woohoo!!

Jackie said...

Congratulations girl! I am so glad you are happy! I am so excited for you and wish you the best!

love,
Josh

meghan said...

Yeahhh. I know I left a message on your face book.. But I am so excited.. I am still working on trying to figure out a way to get out there.. I hope I can get there.

Rebecca said...

I like the new template!

meghan said...

I noticed your links were gone. I know that happens sometimes when you change your profile. Here is ours again if you need it.
www.garrangillespie.blogspot.com
I would love to hear how things are going!

meghan said...

Sorry to say you do have to check them each time.. Sorry Honey =(

Rebecca said...

So, what...Randy and I aren't "your people" anymore!? My blog is private now...email me your email address at snshnrn@hotmail.com