Frustration #1: For a few years now I have absolutely loved Dannons carb and sugar control yogurts. I drink at least one of the smoothies a day and usually eat one of the yogurts as well. As y'all know I am pretty picky and so when I find something I like I stick to it. I usually buy two or three of the smoothies and two or three of the yogurts. Unfortunately, the grocery store I shop at puts exactly three of each out every Saturday morning. If I make it to the store after 9:30am I can only buy one...if I am lucky!! It drives me insane to show up and find the spot empty.
Frustration #2: The fresh bread is also gone by 9:30am. So if I don't want bread that expires in 3 days I have to wake up at the crack of dawn and race past the ladies on the motorized carts!
Frustrations #3: Every week the grocery store sends out a flyer claiming it's lowest prices of the summer that will last three days only. There is seriously a sale every weekend but the items on sale change. Great! Sam and I love cereal for a snack. So when the name brand cereal goes on sale I usually get some. Frustration #3-A You usually have to buy four or some insane amount to get the deal. Frustration #3-B some items you need the coupons for and some you don't. Now if you forget your flyer they have stacks by the door. If I forget it bugs me that the cashier makes me walk all the way to the door to get the flyer.
Frustration #4: People that bring their whole herd to the store. I hate trying to maneuver around a woman that has four kids screaming at her to put stuff in the buggy. Maybe some people just have to and I understand when it is a couple little kids. In fact, I think it is precious and I remember going shopping with my dad. However, when one or more of them is old enough to stay home with the younger siblings I think that is best.
I know this may seem silly but I seriously missed Wal-mart today. Wal-mart always has what I want and their prices are always low or at least decent. None of the old ladies at Wal-mart have ever mistaken my cart for theirs while I was getting a frozen pizza and wondered off with my buggy! Ok I realize that could happen at Wal-mart. Still, if an old lady were to ever wander off with my buggy at Wal-mart it would have fresh bread and all my yogurts in it no matter the time of day.
Ok my rant is over but just a quick story. As I was walking back to get the fourth box of cereal I needed in order to get the sale price, I notice the Raisin Bran. Now, I have never...ever in my life liked Raisin Bran or had even the slightest desire to eat it. I found myself drooling and grabbing a box. In conclusion, I will be glad when I do not have to go shopping on Saturdays and when I am not craving things that I normal find disgusting! Please feel free to share your grocery store frustrations or any time you grab something you normally didn't like.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Frustrations at the grocery store
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 9:10 PM
Labels: Fat Girl, Jeanie Doll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
#1: I LOVE that you say buggy. No one ever says buggy anymore. Even Randy has me saying cart now (it took about 8 years of marriage). Buggy Buggy Buggy!!
#2: Grocery shopping stinks.
Oh the frustration will only get worse. Just wait until you have the Little Sam Man and people, COMPLETE STRANGERS, come up and start touching him. ON THE FACE!!!! I have had issues with this with all three of my children. I hate getting rammed with carts, getting a dirty look for grabbing the last of something. I could go on for ever. Someone should write a book. Something like "From the trenches of the Grocery STore!"
LOL!!! This blog was funny girl. I too hate grocery shopping. One of my grocery shopping frustrations is when people try to tell me how to use the self check-out. Not only have I used it on numerous occasions for my shopping, but I also used it everyday when I worked at Wal-Mart. I don't need anyone's help!
You my friend are a comedic genius... please write more as I thoroughly enjoy reading. I must add however, if you were to visit the WalMart located across the street from my house you would be singing a different tune. One that ended in a scream of sheer panic and fright!
Aww I found ya..... I totaly agree with #4.. You dont need the entie fam-damn-ly to shop.. come on people! 3 wide strolling down the rows of food, while Im on a mad dash for that last item I forgot earlier... I can seriously smell my dinner cooking at home and im at the store suronded by idiots! any who good luck with the smoothie issue.
Oh how I needed that humor today. Here's my story (that actually happened at wal-mart):
So I am obsessed with cupcakes. I had 2 (yes, 2) containers of mini-cupcakes in my cart. The next thing I know, some random lady comes over and stares into my cart and after a good minute says, "Are those real?!" I reply, "Yes they are!" Then she just kept staring. I felt like she was waiting for the perfect moment when I wasn't looking and was going to grab them out of my cart. (Lady is still staring).. finally I say, "They're over there in the bakery, 2 for $5.00." Then she slowly walks away. WEIRD!!!!!
I have never heard a cart being called a buggy. Anyways I think I am the lady with the 4 crazy kids screaming at her to buy expensive cereal. The Goo is actually in his room being forced to take a nap for screaming at me in the store about 2 hours ago. Haha
I never ever ever shop on Saturdays!!! I understand your frustration. Walmart has stopped selling my favorite instant breakfast drink. It is so hard to drink the Carnation brand.
Walmart has the best prices but since they are far away and don't sell my instant breakfast I have been going to Macey's.
I can't think of any frustrations except that I hate crowds of people so I try to avoid them, hence - no Saturday shopping!!! I once ran over someone else with my shopping cart...I didn't see her kneeling down looking at something and Whamm-O - I ran right over her. Oops.
Your post made me laugh today.
When I was pregnant I couldn't even look at granola bars. I would seriously gag while going down the cereal aisle if I even saw a box of them.
Post a Comment