Sunday, March 15, 2009

"One day maybe we'll find that baby makes three"





I am pregnant! I can't believe this! Sam and I have decided to start our family. He's almost done with school so the timing is perfect. Thanks to Meghan's advice I bought an ovulation test kit and also some pregnancy tests. I googled how to get pregnant. I mean...I had an idea but I was wondering if there was any tips I should know about. I stopped taking birth control in February and was supposed to start my period around March 14th. Today, on the 15th, I hadn't started so I took a test. Results come in 3 minutes but after 10 seconds there was a big purple plus sign. For some reason I thought that meant not pregnant so I started to cry and climbed back into bed. I told Sam it was negative and he pulled me closed and I just started bawling. I really believed that I was pregnant. I was so heartbroken. Sam reminded me that we read it usually takes 3 months to get pregnant after getting off birth control. I cried and cried while Sam assured me that we'd have a baby soon.
After I had calmed down Sam got up to go to the bathroom. I'm still hurting when Sam says, "Babe, I think you are pregnant." I got up and realized that the big purple plus meant pregnant! Sam hugged me so tight and we both cried. :) I still can't believe it. I took another one after breakfast and and another one Monday morning. All three came out positive too. It was one of the best days of my life! We took pictures of the tests and with the tests. I peaked at them everytime I walked past and I saw Sam doing the same. :)




Today my doctor confirmed is and I had my first ultrasound. We couldn't see anything but I am about five weeks along. Our due date is November 21st. That fits right in with Sam, Meghan, and Erica's birthdays. Three of my favorite people!

11 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Congrats again! But did we really have to see the sticks on which you peed?

Rebecca said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You'll be the cutest Mom ever. I got giddy just reading your post. Congratulations again!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!! Felipe found a way for me to read your blog on a different browser. We are very happy for you.

Erica East said...

I'm so happy for you and Sam. I can't wait to be an Aunt!!!

Regs said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys! :-) (And you look amazing, by the way - I absolutely love your smile.)

meghan said...

Woo Hoo!!! I am so excited for you guys! I cant wait to see what this beautiful little baby is going to look like. I am excited to hear all the updates on how you feel and how things are going. Remember I am always just a phone call away.
Congrats again to you and sam!!!

Green River High School said...

I am so glad I bought you that pregnancy test ;) ;)

Unknown said...

Hahaha I forgot about the test at the bridal shower...freaking hi-liarious. Congrats congrats congrats! I'm already planning my trip for the baby blessing!!! :) Love you both...wait all THREE of you!

Jackie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! can't wait to read of all the pregnancy news!

Elissa said...

CONGRATS!! We are so excited for you guys, thanks for the text! You guys are going to make the cutest kids!

Jessa said...

I still really really really can't believe it and I'm so so so excited. I love you both and I can't wait to love this new little baby! Can I take 'em for tots soon?

xoxoxo