I have told a few of you about Sam's crazy study schedule this year and how the time away from school tends to send him off the deep end. Well, last time it actually sent him to the dollar store to buy loads of random crap. ie A variety of medications, alarms for the doors, lasers to annoy the bird, and the plastic cone on my desk that says "Excellent Work"!
Today I get a text that he had gotten four pairs of jeans, a pair of shorts, a dvd for our nephew, and a video game for $40. Where? At Goodwill. All day I wondered why he would randomly go to Good Will. Cleaning out the closet...no way. Then it hit me, his cabin fever is back! He is taking a month off to study for his CA medical test and rest from school before he starts work. Well, at least it's clothes and not more junk. No big deal.
When I came home there was a strange feeling in the air and I walked further into the kitchen trying to figure out what was amiss. I saw power tools and the tv area was all moved around. I saw what is pictured above. What in the heck is that? I went up stairs, more power tools, more trash. Then Sam explained. Today was the switch to digital so when he tried it out channel seven (The channel the NBA Finals are on) didn't come in. With a crazy look in his eye he told me how he researched antennas on the Internet and found a video showing how to build one of wire hangers. We didn't have any wired hangers so that is why he went to Good Will. When he asked the cashier for hangers he saw a "Jeans for $5." And know you know...the rest of the story. So what do you think? Should I get him out of the house or just stay on his good side?
PS That instrument of death is now on our mantel between the two pictures we displayed at our reception. I am sure you ladies can imagine the look I gave him when he put in there. Just a few more weeks until he's working.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Cabin Fever or Murder Plot
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 12:09 AM
Labels: SillySuperSam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
That is too funny! Just try to think of what he made as an expensive piece of art that goes beyond the meaning of human understanding. LOL! Excellent Work!
He could start a little side business making those for people.
Oh, that is so Sam! :) ha ha... like we go way back. Remember that time at the beach? He always cracks me up.
LOLOLOLOLOL Wow, that was so hilarious!! I can only IMAGINE the conversation that was exchanged when you saw his eclectic art work...Goodwill Sam?? Seriously? Thats even more ghetto than D.I.!! lol thanks for the laugh!
What is that? Im still Confused!!! LOL Be patient all husbands have their crazy moments.
This is Felipe... I have to say, that is a very nice design. I love the cross-over wires to minimize ghosting, and the repeated array of antenna wires (AKA hangers). Did the website tell you how long to cut the antennas? (or just eye-ball them?) How well does it work? Do you have to point the array towards the TV station for better reception? (You can find out on-line where the TV station is and point your antenna in that direction). Let me know how things work out. I think it looks awesome!!!! (Now, if I'm not mistaken, you may need a loop antenna instead...)
Oh my goodness. How we wives can all relate to little "projects" the husbands take on and think it's the most brilliant idea! Oh Jean... so funny reading your posts. PS - love the new background!
Post a Comment