
I never paid much attention to trees until I went to Utah on my mission and there was a severe lack of trees compared to North Carolina. I was not used to the open spaces. I used to tell people that in North Carolina you could see until the trees started. Anyway, now I always pay attention to the trees around me. I am in California so I mostly see Palm trees which have to be one of the ugliest trees on earth! They look like toilet bowl brushes!! Also in California are the trees like the picture above. This is the Jacaranda tree and it is now one of my favorite trees.
The few streets I take to work and around town are all dirty and have trash on them. There is graffiti but not much natural color. During my drive I see these Jacaranda trees and they totally brighten my day! Remember the black and white movie Pleasantville? Things started turning colors so they really stood out. That is how these trees are for me. It's flowers are bluish purple and look like little bells. I love that when I come out of work the entryway has these bells scattered all over it. I love that they are all over the ground around the trees. They stand out as if everything else was black and white. They make me happy and make me think of silly fairy tale things and happily ever afters.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Jacaranda Trees
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 5:35 PM
Labels: California Adventures, Happily Ever After, Jeanie Doll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Jacaranda trees rock. They lined the streets throughout an entire city in my mission and always bring back great memories.
The trees in Pleasantville are my favorite trees, they are called Cherry Blossom Trees. I also like Birch Trees and Weeping Willows because of poems...lol!
I also love Birch and Willow trees! I love huge Oak trees, Dogwoods, Redwoods, Quaking Aspens, and Crape Myrtles but I am not sure that is a tree.
Palm trees look like toilet bowl brushes?!? (Sorry I am a CA native). The Jacaranda trees are pretty. Here I like the trees that are blocking our view from the balcony that have flittery leaves. I want to find out what kind of trees they are.
BTW, Cass loved her presents. She said, "Sam and Jean are so nice to me."
Post a Comment