Thursday, May 28, 2009

Music

I am not too much of a music person. Erica sends me CDs which she titles, "Keeping you in the know." They are all great and some of them I end up only hearing on the radio years after Erica has already introduced it to me. I pretty much consider her an authority on good music. I make sure I program any country station I can find so I won't forget my roots. I sent Erica the country version of "Keeping you in the know." Anyways, I am not in anyway an expert. There are people in this world who are and they find the perfect songs to put behind an emotional scene. They can make a love scene more romantic and an action scene more...action-y. lol Of course they can make a sad scene rip your insides out. This song is currently breaking my heart.


In the Deep by Bird York
Thought you had
all the answers
to rest your heart upon.
But something happens,
don't see it coming, now
you can't stop yourself.
Now you're out there swimming...
In the deep.
In the deep.

Life keeps tumbling your heart in circles
till you... Let go.
Till you shed your pride, and you climb to heaven,
and you throw yourself off.
Now you're out there spinning...
In the deep.
In the deep.
In the deep.
In the deep.

And now you're out there spinning...
And now you're out there spinning...
In the deep.
In the deep.
In the deep.

In the silence,
all your secrets, will
raise their worried heads.
Well, you can pin yourself back together,
to who you thought you were.
Now you're out there livin'...
In the deep.
In the deep.
In the deep.

In the deep...

Now you're out there spinning...
Now you're out there swimming...
Now you're out there spinning...
In the deep.
In the deep.
In the deep.
In the deep...

4 comments:

meghan said...

I never knew erica was such a music guru! She needs to help me.

Erica East said...

I don't feel that I am as good as I once was, but I appreciate that you think of my music taste so highly. That song would for sure make me cry. I teared up just reading it.

Nancy said...

I am catching up with your blog. Sorry about missing a few posts. I have to open it with a different web browser than I normally use because my computer is old and can't handle modern technology. Happy late Anniversary and Graduation posts. I remembered it was your anniversary all week but then last Sunday at church I totally forgot and kept telling Felipe - I know today is something important - like an anniversary or a birthday or something but I can't remember whose - He said he felt the same way. On Monday my brain worked again and remembered that it was your anniversary - duh. The kids miss their aunt and uncle who play with them.

Every once in a while I have to hear a country song too - but I am from So. Cal. I think I just want to be from the country or move there.

Jessa said...

Jean love:
I'm apologizing now for being so "comment absent" for so long. There are no excuses but I have been reading your blog religiously and I have to say that even though I haven't seen your lovely face in a very long time, you're still one of my very favorite people. I loved loved loved going to North Carolina and thinking of you the whole time. I didn't want to come back to nyc. Congrats on your 1st anniversary, tell sam way to go on becoming a big doctor and stuff. how's the soon-to-be mommy feeling? and I loved that you said horrendous when referring to baby clothes your mom might have purchased. I miss you. I want to see you soon. I'm not sure how that will work but I'll figure something out.

xoxo