
This weekend was Sam's big day! The day he's been waiting for as long as he can remember. He has been in school for 25 years and he is finally finished. Friday he graduated as a doctor of veterinarian medicine. It was a very emotional day for me. He has sacrificed so much to get himself to this point and I am so very proud of him. The ceremony was so beautiful! They told the history of the school and what it stands for. "The discipline of learning. The art of caring." The speakers were all very moving and I was amazed that I didn't burst into tears. They talked about the humane treatment of animals and the affect animal life has on the world. Sometimes I would think to myself that Sam was too humane! :) The way he lets our bird fly around the house so she can get exercise or the time he told me he prayed for the health of his fish. I used to think it was silly but when I see Sam study or interact with animals I know I have never met anyone with such compassion.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Silly Super Sam is a doctor?!?!
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 11:08 AM
Labels: Dr. Rivera, SillySuperSam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I am so proud of Sam! It was a wonderful ceremony. I am happy that I was able to be there and see him graduate.
Yeah Sam!!! And you I am sure. Oh, and Jean, come back soon, I miss you! :)
This is SO awesome!!!! Congrats to both of you for making all the sacrifices to see this special day!! GO SAM!!!
Woo Hoo Dr. Sam. How exciting! Wish we were there to celebrate with you guys!
Post a Comment