
I love how 90% of our pictures look exactly the same! LOL Our first anniversary came at a really hectic time. Sam was graduating and Nano was going into the MTC. It was fun though and we got to spend about a week and a half with our family. Erica, my Mom, and Ray came to California for Sam's graduation which was fun. My Mom got Sam some Lakers gear and me some more maturnity clothes. At least Erica was with her this time so they weren't all horrendous. :) We had fun with Erica here and then we took a road tip to Utah.
Taking Nano to the MTC was weird. I remembered how I felt with my dear friends standing in as my family. While I was there I was so determined to be the perfect missionary. Looking back on my mission that is why I told Nano, "The tag doesn't make you perfect." In the end it was one of the hardest and best things I have ever done. Other than the MTC we got to hang out with Erica more and visit with our new neice, Samantha. She was so sweet and it made me ready for these months to start flying. I know they won't though. It was fun being around a nephew and nieces, it made me really excited.
When we came home we had plans for a big date to celebrate our anniversary, the first one is pretty important! Unfortunately Sam got very sick and we decided to just hang out at our house and watch movies which was so much fun. Sunday we went to over to visit with Sam's family and eat our year old cake. I thought it tasted really good for being a year old. This first year went by really fast and life doesn't seem to have any signs of slowing. I guess I would have to sum it up as hard but wonderful! It is hard adjusting to living with someone new, learning to pay bills (first time for me), compromising and not always getting my way. It was so hard but it was wonderful doing all those things with Sam. He is perfect for me and I can't imagine my life without him. I look back on other guys I dated or ones I prayed I would end up with. Wow! Thank the good Lord for ignoring me!
Most of the time we are together it is like two little kids who are the best of friends. We play, laugh, tease, tickle, and cuddle. I will end with my favorite Sam quote. We went to the park in Orem one time and he said, "Let's go sit on that bench over there and be mushy." LOL I love him!
4 comments:
Uh...is it okay that your blog brought a few tears to my eyes?
Happy One Year Anniversary! I had a lot of fun with you guys during our visit. I love you guys so much!
P.S. You gave Nano really good advice.
You two are so cute! Happy Anniversary!
So one, so awesome that Sam has graduated!! Woohoo!!! Two, Congrats on the first anniversary!! I hope you have many more happy ones a comin'
Post a Comment