Monday, May 24, 2010

Two years



This is Sam and I on November 17th, 2007...the day we met. I was so nervous this day and really didn't think any thing would come from this. As a matter of fact the next day I text my friend Carrie how much I liked him, scale of 1 to 10, and I said 4! Sam and I had been doing the whole email/chat thing online for a few months before, as Sam says, I finally started paying attention to him. Now we were finally going on our first date. Our second date was at a dentist office when he held my hand through an emergency root canal. Honestly, I didn't want it to work out. He had a major strike against him, he lived in California. I am not like most people I guess because I have never had even the slightest desire to even visit the state of California let alone live here. It is one of my top three states I would never want to live, the other two being New York and Florida. Some of you are thinking I am nuts right now, like my friend Jess who loves NY and my step sister Natascha who loves FL!

Three months later we were engaged and three months after that we were married. It is always tough for me to learn to live with another person and this time a boy. Learning how to live together and communicate. We only dated for six months and were only in person together 3 times before we got married. We communicate in totally different ways. Also, I consider myself a difficult person to be around so I try to tone down the drama that is me. LOL Anyway, there are those silly things you don't think about before your married like how we fold our shirts differently. I am not saying that we are pros at being married now at the two year mark. We still work at it every day. Even when he makes me so mad I could spit fire I know in my heart there is no one else I would want driving me as crazy mad as he does. :) Most of our days we are just like two kids playing house. He is so much fun and makes me so happy that I forget that I am a grown up. I love it! I love him! It has been a blast!



This is us today on our two year anniversary. Sam thought it would be nice for us to get out of town. I consider this our first family vacation! We drove six hours north to Monterey, California to go to the aquarium. I really had no idea how much fun it would be. The aquarium was amazing! The ocean was so beautiful! The day was just absolutely perfect. After the aquarium we went down to the beach and walked around this little town. They had so many little shops and I found two great lighthouses to add to my collection. We even went to this mirror maze that was a lot of fun. Then our last stop was the Dennis the Menace playground. I know that Sam and I had more fun than Sammy did and the other adults started following our example. After we went down the slides we saw other parents start to do it. They knew they wanted to anyway.





Now I look to my left and my little Sammy is all tuckered out in his pack-n-play and to my right big Sammy has fallen asleep watching Animal Planet. Like I said, it was a perfect day. :)

7 comments:

Green River High School said...

Look at you two! I still remember when it all began! You guys are a fantastic couple and your love will just keep getting stronger! Trust me... the little silly things still can drive me nuts! But it's all worth it :)
Love you!

BreAnn said...

CUTE!!! What an awesome first family vacation! I love hearing people's love stories, Happy Anniversary!

Los Industriosos said...

I loved the pictures. I am glad you guys had such a nice time.

meghan said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are so cute together. Your kind of relationship is the best to have. I still think of GArran and myself as kids just playing some days.

Jessa said...

I'm not gonna lie, I might have teared up a little there in the end. I just love you guys. Although I miss you terribly and selfishly I'd rather have you here, close to me; I'm so happy that you found Sam, that you have the most adorable little family, and you've really become a great example to me. I love you!

ps and I do love NY but I know what you mean. I would never live there again. it's CRAZY!

aprilaleman said...

You two are so cute. Oh and Monterey... I want to live there!

Erica Jayne East said...

I'm glad that you are so happy. Never forget how lucky you are to have found someone.