Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Motivation Roller Coaster

I have been on millions of diets. I am one of those, "I'll start again on Monday" people. Back in March I had a break through and I started walking every single day and counting my calories. I was on the top of a huge hill in my motivation roller coaster. I lost ten pounds that month! Since then it has been a steady downhill slide.

I had a dream that I was a runner! I was on a shady path and there was a breeze. It felt amazing! I started doing the couch to 5K plan and I was pumped. Everything was going great and each time I completed a day I felt so proud. Last week, which was week 3, my knees started to be a little sore. Now it hurts to squat or crawl on the floor. I squatted down to get something out of a low cabinet and I could not get back up! Sammy has a play fort and I like to get down there and crawl and play around with him. Now it really hurts to do this.

Today reality smacked me in the face, my weight is keeping me from doing the things I want to do. I hate that! I am not going to be able to continue to run with my knees hurting like this. I am going to go to the doctor and get an exercise plan that will work for me. My motivation roller coaster has come to a complete stop. I am really discouraged!

Blah!

7 comments:

Camille said...

I feel your pain! You can do it though, Jean...you know you can!

meghan said...

I have that same problem with my knees. I hate it too. I can walk, but running and bending can get painful. Good Luck. I hope you find something that works well for you.

Erica Jayne East said...

I know how it feels to get discouraged. I battle my motivational level on a daily basis. Don't give up. You may just need to walk until you get to a weight that allows you to run. Walking is really good exercise Jean.

BreAnn said...

Yeah, I'm low on mativation right now too! I keep saying ok, TODAY I will start back up, and then it doesn't happen. I have to get my butt in gear if I don't want to be the lazy walking girl in the 5k in Sept!!!

Los Industriosos said...

Life seems like a motivation roller coaster. I hope that the doctor can help you find exactly what you need. Si se puede! Dad Rivera yelled that at Felipe's graduation so long ago but it comes back to my mind when I get discouraged.

Living the Life of Riley said...

Dont stop!!! pain is just weakness leaving the body.. or so my trainer says. (some days I hate her)
Try knee braces, those spandex-y thingys, they are hot, uncomfortable and you look nerdy but you get use to it. It helped me. I also elevated my leg(s) at night and used one of those stick-on heating pads. work out in the pool if you have one available... its just as much of a work out but less impact on your joints. You will reach your goal.

Jessa said...

Jean darling.
You've come so far already. You've always been an inspiration to me. You'll get over this little slump. I know you'll be exactly where you want to be soon. The best thing about you in your motivation.
love you.

xoxo

cant wait to see you next week.