What can I say about this handsome little guy?! He steals my heart over and over. He turned seven months old a few days ago. He is crawling all over the place. He is pulling himself up. He wants to stand and he wants to walk. Needless to say, I am exhausted! I have set up a play fort in our living room that can barely hold him in. I so wish I had a padded room he could go wild in. This kid is fearless!
He took his first plane ride! That was an adventure! Travelling without Sam was so tough. So many people helped me and offered to help but I still wish Sam had come with us. We are here at Erica's and are having so much fun. Erica has way more room for him to play so he has rug burns on his knees from exploring. Bless his heart, I had to go buy him pants to protect his little knees. He is having so much fun playing with his Aunt Erica and chasing Mickey around. She is giving him daily "Too Soons" to keep him from growing. Tomorrow his Aunt Ivy will be baby sitting him while Erica and I see Eclipse. On Wednesday, we are going to visit Aunt Nancy and Uncle Felipe. We have a play date scheduled with his cousin. I am so excited because he loves being around other kids. Last time he saw his cousins he was only a week old.
On a kind of personal/spiritual note...I had a moment a few weeks ago that brought me to tears. I was playing with Sammy. He was laughing so hard that it was making me laugh. I was crawling after him and he was squealing with delight as he crawled as fast as he could. He doesn't understand this chase game quite yet. Sometimes he crawls towards me and just screams. LOL Sometimes he sits up and flaps his arms and just laughs. Anyway, this time he had gotten it right and was crawling away from me. I crawled to him and scooped him up. He was laughing so hard his face was red. I was looking at him and trying to memorize everything. I got this warm feeling and the thought came to my mind that Sammy felt safe and that all of Heavenly Father's children deserved that. All children deserve to have a mother and father who love each other and are committed to their family. It was such a special moment and I had to write it so I won't ever forget.
By the time he is eight months old he will have at least two more teeth. They are about to poke through any day now. :)
Monday, June 28, 2010
7 months
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 10:55 PM
Labels: Family, Samuel James
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Wow. 7 whole months. Time really flies. He is so adorable. Soak up all those moments. I am sure you know just how fast they fly by.
You really do have to take mental snapshots of everything 'cause they grow so fast . . . not that I know anything about being a mother:) It's always great to hear such tender stories amid all the crap you hear on the news and such.
He is cute, but even cuter in person! I loved meeting Sammy. I love your moment you shared... that's so special.
We can't wait to see him! This morning I was thinking about trying to make a padded play area for Samantha. They are going to have a ball crawling all over together.
He is the greatest kid I know. I love pretty much everything about him. I even love it when he blows his diaper out in the middle of the Eclipse waiting line.
Thank you for sharing the special moment that you had. I felt the spirit as I read it. What you wrote is true.
He's a doll.. hope Utah was fun!
I re-read this tonight for the 6th time and I just can't help but think of you and want to cry. I love you as a mom, jean. you're the greatest. and seriously, that little sammy is the cutest thing on the planet!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment