Ever since I got married I have been waiting for the opportunity to make my husband brownies. Sam absolutely loves brownies. Although, his Mom and sister make excellent brownines and mine would obviously be coming from a box I was sure he'd appreciate the gesture. I got a brand new pan with square shapes so you don't even have to cut the brownies! "Brilliant," I thought as I put them in the oven. Now when my sweet Sammy is done with his homework he can have brownies and ice cream while he watches the game and I will be officially the best wife ever! I set the timer for half of the requirement so I could check on them and went about my wifely duties. He comes downstairs and asks if they are done. The timer had not gone off yet but I went to check. Smoke billowed out of the oven and I had to take them outside. :( They were beyond burnt. I wanted to scream! I have made brownies probably a zillion times in my life but of course the first time I make them for my husband I screw up. This is ridiculous! Now it will be one of those funny when we first got married stories but I am fully capable of making brownies. Later on when I brought the pan inside my pride wouldn't let me laugh as I watched Sam eat the middle out of one of the "bricks" as he put it. Stupid new fancy square thingy pan...I hate you!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Do I smell smoke?
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 11:28 AM
Labels: Newlywed Moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
How sweet though that he still ate some!! And just think of all the years you will have to make it up to him!
That was very cute. I am laughing so hard. We hope everything is going great for you guys.
"When a guy comes over you should always have something baking."
::Drops an entire roll of cookie dough onto a pan::
LOL!!
Hey, you wouldn't be a newlywed unless you burn atleast one thing! I've been married 4 years and still burn stuff!! Luckily, Tommy is very sweet, like Sam, and will eat my food without complaints. You have a good husband!
lol that was really sweet of you Jean!!! You will laugh about it someday!! Love you!!
Post a Comment