Friday, December 5, 2008

Time & All Eternity




Over the Thanksgiving holiday Gracie and Aurelio were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on Erica's birthday. :) Sam and I escorted them as they took out their endowments in the LA Temple two weeks earlier. We were there when Aurelio recieved the Melchizedek priesthood on Sam's birthday. We were also there when Gracie miscarried. Needless to say this has been an emotional couple of months for them.
I have never been to a sealing of someone who is actually my family. I have been to several sealings of my adoptive family like Meghan, Lacey, Lyndsay and some friends from my mission. I have also never been to the sealing of a family. It was one of the best days of my life.
Since I was the only one with her during her endowment I took one for the team and held baby Gracie in the nursery as Gracie and Aurelio were sealed. I heard that what I missed was amazing but what I witnessed was incredible. There was a presence in the room that I can't quite describe. The spirit was so strong and I could feel my heart pounding. I was trying to keep it to just letting tears stream down my face instead of the loud sobbing I was holding in. :) To see my father in law place little Gracie's hand on the alter over her parent's hands, what can I say, I will never forget how I felt.
I feel so extremely blessed to be a member of the Lord's church. What would life be like without the promise of an eternal family? I can't even imagine a Heaven where I am not still married to my sweetheart Sam. I cannot comprehend a till death do us part. I am grateful for my Savior for His Atonement that can heal every pain we could ever feel. I am grateful to the Prophet Joseph Smith who brought forth the restoration. I love knowing that so many of my dearest friends enjoy the blessings of the temple. I look forward to the day when other members of my family and friends can experience this great joy.
My cup runneth over!

4 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

what a sweet post, I definitely think that a family live sealing would be amazing to witness. Wow a special occasion for your family. And amen to your comments! I love that talk where Jeffrey Holland says something to the effect that if his wife wasn't in heaven with him, it would not be heaven to him. Love you JEan and thanks for sharing with us!

meghan said...

i agree, what a sweet post. i am glad you guys had such a great day! i have only been to one other sealing besides mine, but i look forward to going to one in the future!

Green River High School said...

Jean! Hey Girl, Hey! Were you guys up here in SLC? You know I'm gonna be ticked if I didn't get to see you! I was confused reading it. Anyways, miss you guys and Merry Christmas! Love ya

Jessa said...

What an amazing experience you were apart of. I felt the Holy Spirit just reading your post Jean. Thanks for sharing that with everyone and especially with me. I am so thankful for eternal families.