Saturday, January 3, 2009
2008
What can I say, it was a great year! I started out the year living in Utah with Erica. I had a job that I loved, super awesome friends, and an amazing boyfriend. I saw some friends get married and some having babies. Watched the Tarheels have an awesome year then get crushed in the final four. I found some old friends, planned to attend my high school reunion and then decided to skip it. I lost a friend. I moved to California and couldn't bare to say goodbye to certain friends. I got a new last name and a license with a decent picture. I missed my sister everyday and became even more homesick for the south! Realized California is even worse than I thought. I found the people here are pretty much like Texans but way harder to understand because they love California. I got a new job in a business I would have never thought I'd work in. I even improved my fake laugh! I have set a few resolutions like learning Spanish and having FHE every week. I am still trying to get all these wifey jobs down pat. I need to set a schedule so I can get everything done that I need to. I want to keep in touch better with the people that matter to me. For the past few years I have honestly thought that I have been a better person with each "Happy New Year" I shouted so I hope to keep going that way. The funny thing is that most of my dearest friends lived around me when I was the worst I've ever been. Now that I feel like I am a half way decent person y'all live so far away. I never thought I'd end up so far from home. I guess the adventure continues!!
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 11:41 PM
Labels: Best Friends, California Adventures, Church, Family, Happily Ever After, Jeanie Doll, Newlywed Moments, SillySuperSam, Sisters, Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Jean,
HELLO... California is the best! :) I bet I am one of those people huh? Anywho, if I ever see you use your fake Chandler Bing laugh with me, I'll, I'll, well I don't know what I'll do, but I'll do it!
Aw Jean, that was so sweet. Glad 2008 was so great for you and hope that 2009 is tons better! Maybe we'll see you sometime this year.
What a cute post. Happy New Year!!Hope 2009 brings everything you want!
Jean - I love reading your posts. You're so amazing. We miss you! Hopefully we'll come to CA this summer. I'm crossing my fingers!!!
2008 was definitely a big year for you. You are a beautiful woman. You are a wife. I love you and I am proud of you.
Jean,
girl you know I love you. you're fantastic and I miss seeing you but you've become such an amazing person and Sam is lucky to have you. Cali can't be that bad when you've got so much going for you, right?
love you girl
xoxoxox
JEANIE!!!!!!!!
okay, so it has been forever since we have talked. So i was looking at your blog pictures, and i wanted to share a few thoughts.....first of all YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!! Holy Cow! Your wedding pictures are super hot! Beautiful lady! second of all, aren't plane rides so much funner with husbands! Haha! Finally my very own live toy to play with on the plane..haha.... We need to have some serious conversations. I know that you aren't living in utah anymore, but i am totally coming out there in april to finish up school. Thats right, I'm gonna be an effin college graduate!!!! Who would've believed. I miss you! Brian's deployed, it makes me so stinkin sad...i miss all the good times we had! I'll try and call you later! Love you...wait, its still fairly early there...maybe ill call now. See you later!
"I even improved my fake laugh." - Jean, it's obvious you haven't changed from our glorious days in the singles branch in Fayetteville! You're awesome and I'm laughing out loud. I'm so happy for you and how happy you are in your new life. Don't you miss NC, though? I sure do. Oh well. Your hair is so cute straightened, by the way!
Post a Comment