
Today we took Sammy for his nine month check up. He weighs 19.2 lbs which is exactly average and he is 28 inches which is slightly above average. Dr. Ambrose said, "He's perfect!" That doctor sure knows how to make a mom feel great! He asked us if Sammy was trying to pull himself up yet and was quite surprised when we said he was already walking. When we let Sammy go Dr. Ambrose called him a "Showoff" and said he must really be a year and a half old midget. He got two shots including his first flu vaccine and a prick on his heel to test his iron. He cried less than 30 seconds but it was long enough to break Sam's heart.
Sammy took his first steps in July and we have been chasing him ever since. I always knew that the day would come when I'd be chasing him up the aisles at church but I had no idea it would come so soon. When he wiggles off my lap at church he takes off like he's been called to "COME ON DOWN" on the Price is Right! He is laughing and smiling at everyone he passes. He cheeses it up for all the ladies who reach out for him. Sam and I seriously can't wait for him to be able to go to nursery! I literally can't keep this kid still. He is all over the place and has also started climbing.
Life is pretty exciting these days. Sam and I fought a crowd of way more experienced moms to get him into a story time. It is only 6 weeks so I will have to go through this again in a month and a half. I got in line at 9 am for registration starting at 10. I got the 8th spot. So even though I think 9am is a safe bet I am going to go even earlier next time because I won't have Sam to help me. I am still waiting to see if the other classes I signed Sammy up for will have enough people to not be cancelled. I want Sam to love books and reading. I want him to love to learn so I am going to try to get him into every thing I can. I have tried reading to him but he usually won't sit still. Of course his doctor and Erica both have told me how important it is so I am going to keep at it. Other than that Sammy went to the fair for the first time but he was totally not interested in most of what he saw. When we were in a big barn Sammy was more amazed by the ceiling fan and the fences than the animals.
Other news...Sammy has started taking to his sippy cup and we are thrilled! He always wants us to give him some of our bottle water. I was actually worried about why he drinks so much water but won't sit still long enough for a full bottle. The doctor told me it was fine so I feel better. He still yells "momma" and "da-da-da." Now he has started saying "Aah-wa" for agua (Water in Spanish)...we think. I never updated on this but his finger sucking habit didn't last very long and he started using pacifiers. Now that he is nine months he only gets them for nap and bed time.
I've started thinking about his birthday party. This year has gone faster than any other year of my life! :)
Thursday, September 16, 2010
"He's perfect!" (9 Months)
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 6:10 PM
Labels: Family, Happily Ever After, Samuel James
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That picture of Sammy after his shots just melts my heart. Poor little guy. I know what you mean about time flying. It just goes faster and faster. I have a hard time with the fact that Cullan is going to be 5 in less that a month. Enjoy every minute~
I would have to agree that he is perfect. He is the most perfect baby I have ever seen. I cannot believe that none of my "too-soons" had any effect on him whatsoever! He is growing up way too fast. I love him so much!
This post made my day. I love that little guy!
xoxo
Oh my goodness, he is ridiculously adorable, and seems like such a bright kid!
Post a Comment