My sweet baby boy, Samuel James, is one year old. When I found out I was having a boy I thought, "What am I going to do with a boy?" LOL I didn't have any brothers so I felt like I wouldn't know how to be a mom to a boy. I have to say that the times that he reaches for me and I know I am the only one he wants at that moment...it melts my heart! Those moments don't come as often as I would like because this kid stays on the move from sun up to sun down! I try to keep him busy and plan things for him during the week. He absolutely loves his "Birds" class at The Little Gym! He runs and climbs and even screams with delight! He has a music class and a storytime that he doesn't enjoy as much. Playdates are always fun! He would play with his cousins all day if they could. He has the best time with the four of them.
A few days before his party he got the stomach flu. He threw up all day. It was so heartbreaking to see my normally happy and super active boy just look up at me while I was holding him. It was the first time he has ever been sick. Sam and I shed more than a few tears to be honest. It was so sad. His party had to be cancelled but we are going to try to reschedule it. We did give him some presents on his actual birthday and Erica got him a mini cake to play in.
I can't believe he is not a baby anymore. We threw away all his bottles so he is only drinking from sippy cups. We are going to start weening him off of the pacifiers for bedtime. I have thrown all his pacifiers away but one. The doctor gave us a good strategy so we are going to start that today.
His doctor appointment went really well. His new doctor seemed cool with his Spiderman scrubs. He is from California and moved to Utah about ten years ago. He said Sammy is looking good. His stats are weight 20.3lbs (15%) and height 30.2in (65%). He started Sammy on a Multivitamin and suggested we switch him to whole milk. He had to have four shots and he was screaming so loud. Bless his heart it was so sad. I really like this Pediatrics office. They have over ten doctors at this office and have four offices total. They have a 24 hour number where you can speak to a nurse and there is always a doctor on call until 10pm. So I am very happy with his new doctor and their office. Here is the poor guy getting his shots.
He loves his Giraffe, his cars, his ball pit, eating cheerios, and baths! He hates getting dressed and diaper changes. I feel so blessed to have had a whole year with him. I am so lucky to be his mom and I can't wait to see what he learns this year.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
One year
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 9:01 PM
Labels: Baby, Family, Samuel James
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Aw what a cute little guy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sammy!
He is such a cutie!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY from the Gillespies!! Hope you get to still have your party ;0)
He is the greatest 1 year old that I know. I am so grateful that I get to be close to him now. I love him so much!
Post a Comment