Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Garden of the Gods

The three long weeks are over!! I am finally in Colorado Springs with Sam. Now upon arriving I was less than impressed. It's literally the middle of nowhere. Of course I was just thrilled to see Sam again. Today he took me to this amazing place called Garden of the Gods. This place was gorgeous! The quotes from America the Beautiful on some of the postcards had me fighting back tears. We didn't have much time so we just went through the visitors center and we are going to drive through tomorrow. It had tons of maps and cool exhibits. Even a guess who's poop this is. A display of droppings from different animals. Needless to say I giggled a little about that after letting out the typical girl, "Eww!" My favorite peak was called the kissing camels and I spotted it right when we walked out of the building. Looking at that reminded me how small we really are in this great big world. It was seriously one of the most beautiful places I've seen.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am glad you two are together again. I can't imagine how hard it is to be apart!

Lacey.costner said...

So are you going to be living in Colorado then for awhile??? I'm so confused. That place sounds wayy fun, and the different poo?? interesting...........That must have been soooo hard to be apart for so long, yikes, Ican't imagine being that long from Ryan. Love you!!