Thursday, August 14, 2008

Working 9 to 5

I finally got a job!! On Wednesday I did my normal searching for jobs for a few hours. This time however I prayed before, after, and even a couple of times during. I applied to be an executive assistant for this Real Estate company even though I have no experience in that area. What did I have to lose? Anyway, he hired me! I am not his assistant, I don't have enough experience for that but I am basically an assistant for his office. It turns out he and the majority of his employees are LDS. It is a Real Estate/Loan Office/Financial Services all in one. This company is just barely getting started. I walked into an office will piles of paper everywhere. I was told basically that my job is to organize this and then to keep things organized. I am also going to make sure all the paperwork is in order for each client. The loud/funny guy who gives everyone nicknames is already calling me the office Mama. So right now I am going to be assisting eight guys. Eventually, they will all have their own assistants.
It is totally exciting and exactly the type of job I am going to love. I am hoping to learn a few things about all things Real Estate/Loan mumbo jumbo. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Jessa said...

Jean, thats so great that you found such a great job. Sometimes it really sucks being unemployed but then things work out and you find yourself with a great job and loving life. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to hear all about the crazy things Office Mama has to deal with. Good luck and keep us updated!

xoxoxo

Rebecca said...

Way to go, Jean!

meghan said...

congrats.. woo hoo!!
i am glad you found something that you think that you will really enjoy! I am excited to hear how it goes!

Erica East said...

I'm so proud of you Boopa! I knew that you would find something. You are going to do a great job!

Lacey.costner said...

YAY JEAN!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. It was fun chattin' with ya the other day, call again soon!!

Megan said...

Good luck on the new job!