
Today I went to the address of a Motherhood store that I located online. I needed to get a few maternity items. When I show up it turned out to be a Babies R Us with a few racks of maternity clothes and no dressing rooms. What a joke! I looked through all the super cute Halloween costumes sort of wishing my little one would come early but at the same time thinking about next year. That led me other places in the store and I started seeing things I had never thought about getting before now. Oh I do need a changing table. Wow, I better make sure I get these safety plugs for the outlets. I have to have one of these mirror things for the car so I can peek at the baby in the back seat. "What to expect: The first year," I need that for sure. Now what was the name of that pillow Elissa said to get? I wish I had my notes from Lacey about dos and don'ts for the crib. What was that thing Meghan said worked good...a sleep sack? My head started to spin! Where are my friends? I miss my sister! I want my Mommy!!!! LOL Ok I was being dramatic on that last one. I sent text to Erica and some of the new mommies I know. Just like the true blue friends that they are they all reassured me. With the panic still in my system I decided to get some comfort food. I stopped at K-Mart and bought four bags of candy. The poor unsuspecting cashier, "Are you stocking up for Halloween?" I cut her my fiercest Ragin Cajun eyes and snapped, "NO! I am pregnant and don't know which candy I want!" Then I headed to the snack bar for nachos and an Icee. I had eaten most of the nachos, drank half of the icee, and ate four small Peppermint Patties before my tummy got mad at me. Then I sent Sam a warning text, "I am having a bad day!" After that I popped in a Disney movie and took a nap. Now I actually feel much better. I just wanted to document my falling off the fat girl wagon.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Falling off the wagon
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 5:18 PM
Labels: Baby, Fat Girl, Jeanie Doll, Ragin Cajun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh your allowed a baby store breakdown every once in a while. I wish I was there with you to shop and get ready. I'm sad about that!
Only four bags of candy? I would have had at least six...haha!! I fell of the wagon a few weeks ago and drank massive amounts of diet soda, ding dongs and cheetos...mmmm comfort food! :) I keep reading all these comments about how worried you are about being a new mommy and I just smile. I know you are going to be the best mom in the world, lil' Sam will be SO loved and he has a momma who has been wanting and needing him for a long long time, it's going to amazing! Love ya Ragin Cajun! :)
OH PS was the girl at KMART one of those skinny girls who has never had a candy bar in her whole life? If so, I hate her. haha jk
aww lol Jean!!! Everyone is allowed a weak moment!!! You are going to be fine and you will be a great mother!!I can't believe he is almost here!! Woohoo!!
It is overwhelming trying to figure everything out, but you'll be fine! I'm so excited for you!!
i'm not gonna lie, while reading this post, I pictured the whole thing in one of those "bubble sequence dream things" where everything seems so real but you're watching it from the outside. I hate that cashier, I hate that so-called Babies R Us and I love that you bought candy, watched a disney classic and sent your hubby the "beware of my mood" text. I love you. I wish I could have been there to lay the smack down on that girl. Good thing you had your Cajun eyes ready for her.
xoxo
Babies R' Us is a scary store to go to when expecting a baby. Pregnant people can eat whatever and whenever they want is my philosophy.
jean!!! hey how are you? its brittany davis! im so happy to have found you in the blogging world! i have read tons on your blog and it is so hilarious, i absolutly love it! and especially this about the pig out, because i do thAT just about four times a week...okay maybe five or six!! im so happy for you with your great marriage and your baby! i just got married in august and im still living in provo with my cute husband! good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment