Two weeks ago I had one of those life changing moments. Those moments that need to happen before you can actually stick to a diet or reach a goal. I set some small goals. I wanted to count my calories and walk at least 3 times a week. Since that day I have walked every day and stayed under the calories I set for myself. I have also been doing The Biggest Loser workout dvds. My scale is driving me nuts. I lost a pound, gained three, lost three, lost two, gained two, and then lost three. There are days I want to hurl it out the window. Today when I put on my belt I comfortably pulled it to the pre-pregnancy notch so that was a highlight!
I really wanted to get a bike because I always loved riding a bike when I was younger. Sam said I should get myself one but we really didn't have a way to get it home. I got sick of waiting and told him to drop me off and I would ride it home. He scoffed at my plan. He didn't think I would make it and if I did it would take me three hours. Still I was determined! He asked how long it had been since I had rode a bike. It has been over ten years but you know the saying, "It's just like riding a bike." You never forget...right?
Sort of...
I got on the bike as Sam drove away and struggled as my legs were trying to remember how to get going. It was because of this awkwardness that I decided to walk it when I had to cross at an intersection. I am sure the drivers were thinking, "Hey fatty, it goes a lot faster if you ride the bike!" I was not about to wobble in front of all of them. Even though I can laugh at myself and love making others laugh. This laugh could also involve an injury so I opted against it.
Five minutes into the ride I was going slightly uphill I thought Sam may have been right. I huffed and I puffed and I kept going. 25 minutes and 7 miles later I knocked on the door. Sam was shocked! He couldn't believe I made it and did it so quickly. I am sure for smaller folks that ride would have been no sweat...for me it was a big deal. I felt so good that I took it for another ride on the bike path at the park. That didn't last long because bicycle seats aren't too friendly to a person with a voluminous tush such as I. I am already sore and I am sure it'll feel worse tomorrow.
When I got home for the second time the Mace I ordered had arrived. I am armed and dangerous! Hell on wheels! Watch out psychos that hang out at the park to scare me the Ragin Cajun in on patrol! Keeping the parks safe for her fellow ladies!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
It's just like riding a bike...Fat Girl Triumphs
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 6:43 PM
Labels: California Adventures, Fat Girl, Jeanie Doll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
LOL!!! I am so proud of you for getting a bike and riding it home. You really are doing an amazing job Jean. You have inspired me to buy roller stakes. I plan on buying them tomorrow. I don't even care that people will laugh at the fatty on skates. Good job!
That is so cool that you have a bike. Good job on the ride home. That sounds like a great triumph.
Way to go, Jean! I rode a bike once when Kaylee was about 10 months old after a 10 year hiatius from riding. Yeah, I rode her into a holly bush. I have not ridden since!
Great job Jean! Riding is such good exercise. Plus, it will be so fun to ride with Sammy when he's older!
Good for you!! I love reading your posts. I can just hear you saying it out loud as I read!!
too funny jean.. Congrats on the belt notch. It doesnt matter what size your butt is, you gotta build up a callus. I ride 2xs a week from cyperss ave and edison to the office and back. I go at night and push myself to hurry. I cant wait to use my pepper spay!
I heart/love/adore you Jean! I love riding bikes. I'm coming to cali and we're riding together!
great job!
xoxo
I LOVE your blog... you are so hilarious.
HaHaHaHa.... you hell on wheels you! Oh Jean... if only we lived closer! We could go for bike rides all the time. Granted we'd be laughing so we would cause an accident. You rock!
love ya!
Post a Comment