The last time I got super pumped about exercising I waged a battle with the beast my husband calls "Bowflex." Here's a link to the blog if you'd like to remember when I bravely fought but ultimately lost that battle.
Evil, thy name is Bowflex!
Yesterday I decided I was tired of sitting around waiting for the right time to start exercising. I put the leash on Flojo and turned up my "Get Psyched" mix and was out the door. Sam was home with Sammy so I went to check out the two parks near our complex. Both had walking trails and one had a two lane bike path. Awesome! I was stoked!
Woke up this morning and was still determined to do this so I fed and changed Sammy. I got dressed. Put Sammy in the stroller and Flojo on the leash and headed out. The sun was out but it wasn't hot and the "Get Psyched" mix was helping me walk at a fast pace. I thought to myself that I should text Sam and let him know which park I was going to...to be safe. Then I scolded myself for reading too many abduction stories and making myself paranoid. I text Sam and a friend who is being my diet buddy just to say I was starting my walk. I walked to the park that was next to the Elementary school cause for some reason I thought it might be safer. Maybe I would see other Moms there. Once I got there I located the walking path and pulled one earphone out since I noticed Sammy was no longer asleep. I am walking along and I see a few picnic tables on the left of the trail. There was a man with a bookbag and notebook sitting there. Once I got closer he said, "Hey puppy." I looked at him and said, "Hello." I kept walking when I heard him shout, "HEY!" He said something else but it didn't completely register. I stopped and leaned towards him and pulled out my other earphone. Looking me straight in the eyes he said, "You might die today." I asked, "What?" Again he said but louder, "You might die today!"
I looked ahead to the path...it was sort of woodsy. I voice in my head said, "Turn around immediately and go home." I turned around and walked as fast as I could away from the man. As soon as I was back in the main park area I called Sam at work. I was bawling. It really freaked me out! Now that I am at home and have calmed down I feel better but everytime someone walks past the window I get a little scared. I called the police and they got a description so they could go and check out the park. The dispatcher sounded so serious and wanted to send an officer to meet me but I was already almost home. She said, "If you see him again anywhere or you ever feel uneasy call 911 right away."
That is what I get for trying to exercise. Geez! It may be safer to just stay fat! The plan now is to go get some pepperspray and buy a bike. I really wish I knew self defense or how to fight so if someone tried something I could beat the crap out of him! I am a long way from a healthy weight but if I ever get there I am going to take a kickboxing class or something. LOL
Friday, February 12, 2010
Jeanie Versus Exercise
Posted by Jeanie Doll at 12:04 PM
Labels: California Adventures, Fat Girl, Jeanie Doll
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh my! I would have been so scared too. We have been remodeling our bathroom and I am constantly letting shady people in and out of our house. I just tell myself that if I had to shoot them, I would! Get some pepper spray! Or take a concealed handguns class, that'll show em! I'm glad you made it home safe!
OH. MY. GOSH. That is crazy! And he was dead serious? SCARY! You should have kicked him in the nuts before you ran away.
I am so glad that you got home ok! I was so worried!
That is sooo scary!! Glad you are ok. I always want to go on walks in the mountains by our house but I am toooo scared.
Pepper spray is a handy thing to have.
So is a steel rod for use on mean stray dogs, squirrels eyeing the goods my kids enjoy while in the stroller and cars that get too close.
Sure, they can run me over, but I'm taking out a headlight before I go, dangit! :)
oh jean.
i miss you.
that's all.
the end.
xoxo
Post a Comment